This week you will continue to work on your final project/presentation that examines in detail one of the major infectious diseases (and the associated microbes) that challenge our world today.
By this time, you should have been doing a lot of research on your topic. This Annotated Bibliography assignment will be helpful in organizing your resources and structuring your presentation. Here’s what to do:
Step 1: Identify at least 4 relevant resources
Leveraging the EC Library Resource Guide for this class, accessible via the left course menu, as a starting point, identify at least 4 resources that you can use in your presentation. Note that these may be some of the same resources you leveraged in creating last week’s My Life as a Microbe presentation.
Look for resources that address the following topics regarding your microorganism:
- Where is this disease found?
- Who is most susceptible?
- How does it reproduce?
- How is it spread?
- How does it cause a disease that can or has caused an epidemic?
- What is being done to control or eradicate this infectious disease?
Step 2: Review expectations for an annotated bibliography
Each annotation should be approximately 100-150 words and contain the following:
- A complete APA style reference for the source you are examining;
- a brief summary of the source’s important information;
- an explanation of its relevance to your topic and how you plan to use it;
- and a brief evaluation of the source for authority, currency, objectivity, and verifiability.