Prepare a 3-4 page APA-formatted paper in which you either defend or refute the following statement: “The theory of strict product liability is a valid approach to product liability and there are no adequate public policy reasons to reject its use.”Organize your paper as follows:
- Title Page: Use “The Theory of Strict Product Liability” as the title. Below that in parenthesis indicate your position with either “Defend” or “Refute.”
- Introduction: Consider the issue being debated and presented. Include an explanation of the issue, how it’s defined, background information on your viewpoint/position, and a statement of your position/belief.
- Opinion: An opinion is an evaluation and judgment of the quality of a thing or idea based on critical analysis and supported with additional resources. It remains open to dispute, therefore, must be defended to be convincing. Your Opinion is based on:
- Knowledge of the issue
- Personal Experience
- Supporting Research
- Conclusion: Include as part of your conclusion how you can use the information in the future, personally and/or professionally.
- References: You must provide support from three credible sources (not including your textbook) from the the past five years.
- 750-1000 words (3-4 pages, not counting title page or references page)
- Use APA format – Refer to APA Style and the Online Writing Center resources in Academic Resources for guidance on paper and citation formatting.
- An abstract is not required
- Use support from at least three sources (not including the textbook or other course materials) written in the past five years.