Explain how you performed your research for the project with the use of a minimum of 5 different research sources. The names of these research sources can be a website, a book, an eBook, a journal or a newspaper article. Do not give the website URL address in this section. Only state the names of the research sources you have found so far. The following are a list of questions you may use as a template for writing this section of the research project.
1. What libraries and databases did you use to perform your research on the ethical challenges of Uber?
2. What keywords did you use to find sources for your research on the ethical challenges of Uber?
3. What is the name of the sources of information that will be helpful in your understanding of the differences between an independent contractor and an employee? Which database did you use to find this source?
4. What are the names of 2 sources of information you feel will be helpful in your research in understanding better the debate on the ethical classification of Uber drivers as independent contractors instead as employees? Which database did you use to find these sources?
5. What is the name of a source of information that you found that helped you to better understand the differences between the ride sharing services of Uber and the services of the taxi industry? Will this source of information or any other source of information help you in your research in explaining whether the Uber time sharing service is ethical for the taxi industry? What is the name of the database that helped you to obtain this source on the ethical responsibility of Uber’s time sharing service?
6. What is the name of a source of information that you found will help you in your research on the ethical responsibility of Uber to the safety of their customers even though Uber drivers are independent contractors. What is the name of the database that has helped you to obtain a source of information on the ethical responsibility of Uber to the safety of their customers
Part II: Relevant Research Pertinent to Solving the Problem (two to three pages)
In this section you will investigate legal considerations to determine how to handle employees who may have a disability. For your first draft, research and write the questions to the answers below. For the final submission of your paper, you must
- Explain the topic of this project and your purpose for this research project
- Give a brief description on the history of Uber
- Describe what is ethics and it importance for this research project
- Define ride sharing
- Define taxi services
- What type of services does Uber provide: ride sharing or taxis services ? Explain your response
- Is there an ethical challenge with Uber’s ride sharing?
- For the next ethical challenge, what is the difference between an independent contractor and an employee?
- How have some courts defined the status of the drivers of Uber: employees or independent contractors?
- Are there any incidents that have occurred with Uber drivers that pose an ethical challenge for the Uber company?