Directions: Answer each of the following questions as thoroughly as possible.
- When arriving on scene, what would you do to ensure that the scene is safe to enter and why?
- Explain the need for the preliminary survey and why is it important concerning the integrity of the evidence?
- Explain how you would document a crime scene through photography of an inside room, and then of a vehicle.
- Select one (1) room where you live and complete a sketch of that room. Please follow these instructions:
- There should be at least eight (8) items in the room included in your sketch and identified in your key.
- Provide measurements of the overall room.
- Select two (2) items out of your eight (8) and provide triangulating measurements to those items on your sketch.
- Last, take two (2) photographs of that room from opposite sides of the room. Include a scan or photograph of your sketch along with the two room photographs in your submission.
- Paper must be double spaced, 11 or 12 pt font and 1” margins all around.
- All APA 7th edition format requirements must be followed (cover page, in text citations, reference page). Refer to APA/UMGC – learning resources found in the content page of this course.
- You must have resources to support your thoughts/opinions/information. These must be cited both in text as well as at the end of the document. Your paper should not contain direct quotes, sourced material must be paraphrased