Topic: Compare and contrast the key factors influencing the wars and crises in Yemen and Syria, at a domestic, regional and international level. What are the most important lessons we can learn from this pair of case studies?
1. Civil war and humanitarian crisis: Yemen & Syria
2. In a number of instances, the uprisings of 2010-11 led to state collapse, civil conflict and humanitarian disaster.
3. Syria and Yemen, please look in depth at the long-term causes of these events, the various players involved in the current conflicts and their relationship with each other, and the role of regional and international powers in the way these events have unfolded.
4. What is the key factors influencing the wars and crisis in two countries? Please focus on domestic, regional and international level. 5. What are the most important lessons we can learn from this pair of case studies?
6. Please get the name of the two information and uploaded two books: (a)Layla Saleh, “A Process of Perpetual ‘Uncovering’: The Syrian Thawra in its Fourth Year”, Chapter 14 in Larbi Sadiki (ed), 2016, Routledge handbook of the Arab Spring: Rethinking Democratization, Routledge. (b) International Crisis Group, ‘Yemen: Is Peace Possible?’ 9 February 2016 7. Salwa Ismail, “Urban Subalterns in the Arab Revolutions: Cairo and Damascus in Comparative Perspective”, Comparative Studies in Society and History, 2013, 55(4), pp865-894 (Uploaded) 8. Lamya Khalidi, “The Destruction of Yemen and Its Cultural Heritage”, International Journal of Middle East Studies, 2017, 49(4), pp735-738.