C. Start a “New Thread.” In two or three thoughtful paragraphs, write about your understanding of “good” writing. Refer to specific ideas in the Reflection assignment and Chapter 1 of SG. Answer as many of the following questions as you can in your reflection:
- How do you define “good” writing? (Why do you think I’m putting “good” in quotes?)
- What kinds of “good” writing do you like to read? Why? What is a specific example?
- How have you experienced learning to write?
- To what extent do you agree that “good” writing can be taught? How much is a question of learning, talent, motivation, etc?
- How does “good” writing in English differ from “good” writing in your first language?