At some point in every construction project, efforts turn from design and the focus moves to actual construction. With the vision in place and the tools secured, the blueprint can be finalized and approved. Then it is time to put on hardhats and begin work.
Throughout the course you have developed aspects of your Academic and Professional Development Plan. You have put a great deal of thought into your vision and goals, your academic and professional network of support, research strategies and other tools you will need, the integrity of your work, and the value of consulting the work of others. With your portfolio in place, it is now time to finalize your blueprint for success.
Much as builders remain cognizant of the building standards as they plan and begin construction, nurses must remain mindful of the formal standards of practice that govern their specialty. A good understanding of these standards can help ensure that your success plan includes any steps necessary to excel within your chosen specialty.
In this Assignment you will continue developing your Academic Success and Professional Development Plan by developing the final component: a review of your specialty standards of practice. You will also submit your final version of the document, including Parts 1–5.
- Review the scope and standards of practice or competencies related to your chosen specialty.
- Download the Nursing Specialty Comparison Matrix.
- Examine professional organizations related to the specialization you have chosen and identify at least one to focus on for this assignment.
- Reflect on the thoughts you shared in the Discussion forum regarding your choice of a specialty, any challenges you have encountered in making this choice, and any feedback you have received from colleagues in the Discussion.
The Assignment:Complete the following items and incorporate them into the final version of your Academic Success and Professional Development Plan.
- Write a paragraph that provides a detailed comparison at least two nursing specialties, including your selected specialization and second-preferred specialization.
- Write a clear and accurate 2- to 3-paragraph justification statement identifying your reasons for choosing your MSN specialization. Provide sufficient evidence of incorporating feedback you received from colleagues in this week’s Discussion Forum.
- Clearly identify and accurately describe in detail the professional organization related to the specialization you have chosen to focus on for this assignment and explain how you can become an active member of this organization.
Note: Your final version of the Academic Success and Professional Development Plan should include all components as presented the Academic Success and Professional Development Plan template. Make all corrections to each part based on faculty feedback and submit a final and edited copy of the template (Part 1-Part 6) in correct APA format.
By Day 7
Submit Parts 1-6 of your Academic Success and Professional Development Plan.
Remember to include an introduction paragraph which contains a clear and comprehensive purpose statement which delineates all required criteria, and end the assignment Part with a conclusion paragraph.
Expert Solution Preview
As a medical professor, it is fundamental that I assist students in developing their academic and professional development plans. This includes preparing assignments and lectures that evaluate their performance and provide feedback. In this particular assignment, students will focus on developing the final component of their Academic Success and Professional Development Plan by reviewing their chosen specialty’s standards of practice.
1. In this assignment, students must compare at least two nursing specialties, including their chosen specialization and the second-preferred specialization, in a detailed paragraph.
2. The students must also write a clear and accurate justification statement which identifies their reasons for choosing their MSN specialization in 2-3 paragraphs. Students need to provide enough evidence that they have incorporated feedback received from colleagues in the Discussion Forum.
3. The students must identify and describe in detail the professional organization related to their selected specialization and explain how they can become an active member of that organization.
In conclusion, this assignment is an opportunity for students to polish their Academic Success and Professional Development Plan by reviewing their chosen specialization’s standards and professional organizations. This will help the students to map out a detailed blueprint for their future success as medical professionals.
#point #construction #project #efforts #turn #design