M7 Assignment: Probability
The probability of an event can be determined in theory as well as in practice. In this project, you will use the formulas and methods in your readings to determine the theoretical probability. You will then conduct an experiment to see if the outcomes match what you expect to find with the theoretical probability.
In this project you will:
- be able to use the counting principle to determine the number of possible outcomes
- be able to calculate and interpret probability
To complete this project you will:
- Complete the Probability Worksheet to guide you in developing your budget. Be sure to show all work!
- Complete a 2 page, double spaced, APA formatted report. In the report you need to present your findings and explain your conclusions on experimental and theoretical probability. Thoughts to include in the report include: How are theoretical and experimental probability different? Why might the theoretical probability not match the experimental probability?
- Be sure to cite your sources for the questions that require sources.