A key outcome of this course is that students can analyze strategic issues regarding foreign market entry.
Assume your audience is a group of company investors. YOU will research a foreign market entry failure (from the last 10 years). Assume that company is now considering re-entering the same market (in 2022). You should note their topic selection here:
HOME COUNTRY: CHINA
Foreign Market: Singapore
you will conduct the following analysis and present the findings to the class. Report on the following:
- The firm’s propensity to internationalize (prior to the market entry both at the time of initial entry and present-day)
- The opportunities the firm foresaw in the foreign market (prior to initial entry, and today)
- Apply Porter’s Diamond Model (Module 8) to analyze the domestic country’s competitive advantage in the industry.
- Summarize the lessons learned from the entry failure
- Provide recommendations should the company approach market entry today
Format of ppt
- An introduction of the speakers and the structure of the presentation
- Background (Firm’s propensity to internationalize prior to market entry. Is it in the same position today?)
- Anticipated advantages (Opportunities the firm foresaw in the foreign market. Are there more opportunities today? Fewer? How do you know?)
- Apply the Diamond Model to analyze the landscape for competitive advantage. (Has it changed with time? If so, how?)
- Lessons Learned (What mistakes were made in the first attempt at market entry?)
- Recommendations (How could this entry have been successful?
- References (Works cited in APA format)